Definition : Cloud Management Platform
Cloud Computing is making hardware and software resources available on the internet or on third-party managed services. Cloud computing services involve a high-end network of servers and advanced software applications. Generally, Cloud computing services are designed to support large and small enterprise customers on-demand. While using a cloud server, you will be able to access a massive amount of memory, processing power and storage for all your computational needs.
What is Cloud Management Platform?
Cloud Management Platform(CPM) is a set of integrated products that provide management of public, private and / or hybrid cloud environments to facilitate organizations to deploy, manage, monitor and control applications in an agile and cost-effective way
Key Capabilities of a Cloud Management Platform
- Simplify Complexity : The major challenge of the traditional data-centers is the customization of the instances by altering the configurations and booting sequences based on their business needs. The Cloud provides virtual server instance from the public or private cloud network. IaaS (Infrastructure as a Structure) cloud platform provides flexibility, so the enterprise can choose instance sizes, operating systems, database, and application frameworks. Effective cloud management reduces complexity with cloud management tools for monitoring and keeps it under control.
- File Storage & Backup : The volume of data used by every organization is increasing day-to-day and the need to store and maintain the data is the key challenge. Cloud computing addresses this challenge and facilitates the storage, access and retrieval of data. On the Cloud, the data will be stored on any one of the many web enabled interfaces for the web services to access easily. This helps the customers to enjoy security, scalability, high speed and availability of the environment. Businesses will pay the storage cost for what they are consuming. This completely eliminates the maintenance of infrastructure for file storage.
Also, cloud-based backup is a simplified and very powerful solution because of its feature of automatic scheduling to store files are always available without exceeding the storage capacity. The customers will just have to choose the location of choice to dispatch the files automatically.
- Build for the future : Businesses using cloud computing can easily plan for their growth without an expensive upfront investment. The cloud management platform helps the companies with their growth planning using the cloud facilities namely file sharing, cloud management systems and data analytics.
- Automation : The cloud management repository makes it easy for the development of new applications. For big-scale organizations, managing applications involve a number of repetitive tasks. Therefore, instead of a manual process, the cloud can enable automation to manage and maintain the applications. The comprehensive cloud management involves monitoring, configuration management and disaster recovery.
- Big Data Analytics : Cloud computing helps in dealing in large volumes of structured and unstructured data. This feature adds a business value for the suppliers and retailers because they are extracting information based on the buying pattern of consumers. This data helps them to target specific population through marketing and advertising campaigns. Organizations are getting meaningful information from the social networking platforms through analytics based on their behavioral patterns.
The above mentioned insightful information explains the need for the cloud management platform over the traditional alternatives. Cloud computing enhances the IT infrastructure with flexibility to leverage mobile computing and big data analytics in the future.